Habitat for Humanity
The ASID Arizona North Chapter is continuing to support Habitat for Humanity this year. We are working with them to find a date for us to come out and build. Stay tuned to the newsletter for more news.
In the meantime, Habitat is looking for a few dedicated people to become Site Hosts for ongoing building projects. Site Hosts are attached to a single home for the duration of the build, from first framing to handing over the keys at the end of construction. The Site Host works under a House Leader who is in charge of the construction. The job duties are quite easy, however the commitment is serious.
· greet volunteers
· collect waivers
· issue name tags
· ensure water and first aid kit are on site
· answer questions about the Habitat mission
· act as liaison between building crew and volunteers
· help set up lunch and clean up afterwards
· help implement home dedication at end of build
Time Commitment and Location:
· 3-4 hours every Saturday for 15 weeks (can be split/shared with another person)
· 5:45am start time May – October, 6:45am start time November – April
· Multiple sites throughout the Valley: Phoenix, Glendale, Avondale, Mesa, Chandler
You are welcome to stay on site for longer if you would like to help with construction.
If you are interested in “shadowing” a current Site Host for a day to see if it’s something you would like to do, or would like more information, please contact Habitat for Humanity:
Judy Santana Flores, Allied ASID |
Make sure to tell them you are an ASID member!