ASID ARIZONA NORTH CHAPTER JOB BANK
Job postings can be submitted at any time. Postings are free and will stay on the web site up to two (2) months. Please let us know if your post has been filled so that we can remove them in a timely manner.
December 2, 2013
In-Home Stylist – CA, IL, NY & AZ
Who are we:
Since 1987, Smith+Noble has offered consumers and interior designers custom-made blinds, drapery, shades, shutters and coordinating home decor, all of outstanding quality backed by unsurpassed customer service. Most products are designed by our in-house design team, exclusive to Smith+Noble, and all are made-to-order for each customer. Smith+Noble provides the do-it-yourself customer a wide variety of product options and tools to make buying custom window treatments simple. In addition, Smith+Noble offers in-home services for consumers seeking additional assistance with whole home measuring, professional installation and full-service design consulting to help find the right product for their home and lifestyle needs.
Who we’re looking for:
Motivated, enthusiastic, and confident in-home sales professionals that have and eye for design with the people skills to engage and inspire our customers. Individuals that can connect with our customers in choosing Window Treatments that enable them to express their sense of style.
If you are a motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys building your own business and personal client base, you will reap the benefits with our unlimited, generous commission structure. You will receive appointments from both company and self-generated marketing efforts.
We are looking to fill positions in the following areas:
Los Angeles, Pasadena, Santa Cruz, East Bay and San Francisco, CA, Downtown & South Chicago,IL, West Chester County, NY and Phoenix, AZ
How you can make the position financially rewarding and personally fulfilling:
If you are a motivated self-starter focused on building your own business and personal client base, you will reap the benefits with our unlimited, 100% commission structure. You will receive appointments from both company and self-generated marketing efforts.
Customer Service – create a memorable shopping experience by assisting with great design solutions and providing after the sale service in order to create repeat and referral business.
Sales Meetings/Training – work regularly and often with a hands-on Regional Sales Manager to stay current on smith+noble products, industry design trends and achieve goals.
New Business Development – Prospecting for self-generated appointments. Use your self starter motivation to build your business + per client base with appointments you receive from both the company and self generation commission structure means there are no limits.
Confirming Orders – obtain all details necessary to process window treatment orders on both company and self-generated appointments.
Productivity – maintain key performance metrics in order to meet established sales goals.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent
BA/BS preferred; experience may be substituted
Strong sales skills, creative selling, producing leads
Required to produce 40% of leads using out coaching methods, programs and tools
Valid Driver’s license and insurance coverage
Sales/window treatment expertise highly desired
Proven track record of exceeding quotas and business goals
Having at least $100,000 in provable, annual in-home sales a plus
Previous experience in a commission-based environment
Benefits and Perks:
Commission-Based Career in the desirable Window Treatment industry
Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Company paid basic life insurance
Voluntary plans: Life insurance
Time off programs
Meaningful and challenging work helping others create a more beautiful home environment
401k with employer matching
Full-time opportunity with competitive salary, medical, dental, 401k plus sick and vacation in an environment that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
How to apply:
Send your resume with cover sheet to: email@example.com or fax 951.734.3002
We believe in Equal Opportunity Employment.
September 19, 2013
WE ARE FLOR.
We are a small company designing and marketing modular carpet squares with a simple goal: to offer the most inspiring and logical way to solve flooring challenges in the modern world.
We are part of the Interface family of companies and share in a bodacious goal to eliminate any negative impact we may have on the environment by the year 2020. We continuously see opportunity for innovation and genuinely believe in the joy of great design to transform lives. We believe in an open and collaborative culture. We are a “hands-on” environment where everyone eagerly and passionately embodies the beauty and value of our products, our company and our brand.
Put simply, we love working here and think you will too.
The FLOR Sales Consultant will be responsible for executing solution and relationship selling techniques toward the achievement of monthly sales goals, all while assisting customers and providing best-in-class customer service in a retail selling environment
Skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proven record of excellent inside sales performance and relationship management
- Proficient in PC skills, including Microsoft Office products and certain MAC applications
- Design experience in a retail environment preferred
- Experience working within a customer environment required
- Ability to learn the FLOR product line
- Outreach experience preferred
- Proficient in interpreting third-party architectural and design drawings, with a strong sense of aesthetics
- Previous front line customer service experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated successful experience as a team player
- Working with customers coming into the store to design rugs and sell those solutions
- Sales of modular carpet in various configurations for various applications
- Work special FLOR Store events for consumers or designers
- Handle financial sales transactions
- Comply with safety rules
- Comply with environmental regulations
- Willingness to learn and understand Interface’s commitment to sustainability
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Deliver monthly Store sales objectives, both through individual selling and cooperating within a team selling environment
- Drive profitability and be aware of all Store operating metrics
- Champion the industry-leading environmental metrics as identified for the Flor store models
- Responsible for opening and closing the store
- Will handle cash sales and be responsible for balancing cash drawer
- Provide interior design expertise to customer
- Willingness to learn and understand Interface’s commitment to sustainability
Physical demands: Lifting up to 50 lbs
- Retail store environment
- Weekend work required
- Evening work required
- Undergraduate degree with specialization in business management and/or interior design; project management certification is a plus
- LEED accreditation is strongly preferred
- SUBMIT RESUMES TO: Amy Hill, Store Manager, Scottsdale firstname.lastname@example.org
September 11, 2013
Assistant Professor of Interior Design
Description: The School of Art at Northern Arizona University is accepting applications to fill an Assistant Professor of Interior Design position commencing in Fall 2014. Responsibilities include teaching three courses per semester in interior design; service duties to degree program, department, college, and university; engaging in research/creative activity.
- MFA or other degree in Interior Design or a related field
- Two years teaching at a university beyond the TA
- Three years of professional practical Interior Design experience
- NCIDQ certified
- Evidence of work toward LEED accreditation
- Over two years teaching full-time at a college or university Over three years of professional practical Interior Design experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach multiple courses in interior design including: Interior design graphics and communication; Design methodologies; Visualization; Interior Codes and Regulations; Architectural Interior Systems; Materials and Processes; Lighting and Acoustics; Interior Design Studios; AutoCAD and other design-related software.
- Demonstrated success with peer-reviewed research and creative activity related to interior design.
- Membership in one or more interior design professional organizations (IDEC, ASID, IIDA)
- LEED accredited.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations on campus and in the community
Commensurate with experience and rank.
More information can be found at: http://hr.nau.edu/node/2796&job_req=600515
Applicants should mail the following on a non-returnable USB drive: a letter of interest detailing experience, education and interest; a CV; statement of interior design philosophy; a set of twelve digital images of work; transcript(s) of highest degree(s) earned; list of three references. Send to Paula Yulish, Administrative Assistant, School of Art, Northern Arizona University, PO Box 6020, Flagstaff, AZ 86011.
Application Deadline: The search will remain open until filled or closed. Review of applications will begin November 11, 2013.
August 2, 2013
Scottsdale-based Architecture and Interior Design Firm specializing in high-end residential and hospitality projects seeks Purchasing Agent/Administrator for full-time position. We have a wide variety of quality oriented, high profile projects and fantastic clients throughout the west coast and Hawaii.
Working in a team, having a good attitude, strong work ethic, willingness to put in the work, and sense of humor is a necessary part of this job. Candidate must capable of balancing multiple projects at once and meeting various deadlines related to the interior procurement process and project installation. Impeccable verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as strong computer skills including a proficiency in Excel, Word, Photoshop, Powerpoint, MS Office, and Outlook. Apple/ Mac operating system knowledge and Quickbooks Accounting is a plus.
Job description will include, but may not be limited to: coordinating, preparing, issuing, and tracking purchase orders, scheduling and tracking deliveries & shipments, preparing and tracking client invoices and payments, maintaining good relationships with vendors, working with third-party receiving agent and coordinating project installations. This position will also include some Accounting and Office Administration duties in the form of tracking payments/credits, shipping charges, etc. in an Excel document, data entry associated with basic accounting numbers, receiving and directing visitors, processing mail and packages, and general office duties such as scanning, copies, supply inventory, and project filing.
We are looking for someone that has past purchasing experience in a related industry or 2+ years working in a design related firm. Working in a team, having a good attitude, strong work ethic, willingness to put in the work, and sense of humor is a necessary part of this job.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental, 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and the possibility of a flex-time schedule for the right individual.
Please send resume and any accompanying materials via e-mail only to Inga Brooks at Ingab@ozarchitects.com