ASID ARIZONA NORTH CHAPTER JOB BANK
Job postings can be submitted at any time. Postings are free and will stay on the web site up to two (2) months. Please let us know if your post has been filled so that we can remove them in a timely manner.
Posted January 12, 2016
Studio4design is an award winning small interior design firm in Phoenix. Our focus is in serving a diverse client base with projects in both the public and private sectors. Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability and the belief that design is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage. In this position, you will join a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to innovative problem solving and design excellence.
Collaborate on commercial and residential interiors projects, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development, and management of budgets and schedules
Develop space planning concepts and generate program documents
Participate in selection of furniture and specifications
Provide project team coordination for finish plans, specifications, and material selections required for construction
Work with consultants, furniture dealers, product reps, and fabricators to meet overall project objectives
Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
2-5 years of related experience as an interior designer, with experience on commercial interiors, including hospitality and some residential interiors.
Knowledge of the design process, including FF&E, furniture systems and specifications, color and materials
Outstanding graphic presentation skills
AutoCad experience is required. Revit experience is desirable.
Flexibility to focus on a single client with a variety of project types or multiple, concurrent projects in various stages of development
Ability to communicate design ideas and direction quickly
Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and SpecSources preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
Will consider Full Time, Part Time or Term Contract Positions
Please forward your resume and digital portfolio to Suzanne Urban ASID, IIDA at email@example.com
Re-Posted January 7, 2016
CAI Inventory Specialist Ad
An amazing and rewarding opportunity awaits an enthusiastic candidate to join a highly-respected and prestigious furniture showroom. C.A.I Designs, Inc. represents a full range of luxury lines offering some of the finest designer’s furniture and accessories in the industry.
We are seeking a highly detailed and organized Inventory Specialist for our new showroom location in the Scottsdale Design District (opening March 2016). The ideal candidate will be energetic, assertive and responsible.
Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Deluxing and staging furniture within the showroom.
• Receiving inventory to warehouse and showroom.
• Work with our in house inventory system receiving, photographing and transferring items.
• Work with local receiver on delivery issues, claims, etc.
• Work with Buyer/Merchandiser for product placement in showroom.
• Removing items and lighting fixtures from showroom for purchase.
• Install lighting fixtures as needed
• General warehouse duties and keeping showroom and warehouse clean and organized
• Art hanging
• Inspection of individual inventory pieces
• Assisting Sales staff with Product approvals and coordination off all product leaving the showroom
• Coordinating directly with Designer for Special Orders that are received at the showroom location
• Help with coordination of special events in the showroom
• Maintaining Sample Library
• Business casual dress code
• Light travel for sales meetings
Key requirements for this position are:
• Be a team player with a positive attitude, quick learner and self-motivator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Accuracy and acute attention to detail
• Computer skills are necessary for in house inventory system.
• Able to operate at a fast pace and changing environment
• Ability to lift up to 50+ lbs.
C.A.I. Designs, Inc. offers a competitive hourly rate. If you meet the requirements above please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 847-394-8073. No phone calls please. EOE
Re-Posted January 7, 2016
C.A.I. Designs Lighting Specialist
Coming to the Scottsdale Design District!!
An amazing and rewarding opportunity awaits an enthusiastic candidate to join a highly-respected and prestigious furniture and lighting showroom. C.A.I Designs, Inc. represents a full range of luxury lines offering some of the finest designer’s furniture, lighting and accessories in the industry.
C.A.I. Designs Scottsdale is looking for a full time Lighting Specialist to work in our brand new showroom located in the Scottsdale Design District (opening in March of 2016).
The candidate should be hardworking, energetic, and possess strong communication skills.
Excellent attention to details is a must and 1-2 years of lighting sales experience is a PLUS.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Showroom lighting sales.
-Cultivating relationships with Designers.
-Entering customer orders.
-Following up with clients on order and claims.
-Identifying and creating new accounts.
-Handling lighting claims with customer service rep.
Hours are Monday through Friday 9:00 — 5:00.
C.A.I. Designs offers a competitive hourly rate/salary, commissions and benefit package. If you meet the requirements above, please send your resume to email@example.com or fax it to 847-394-8073. No phone calls please. EOE
Re-Posted January 7, 2016
CAI Designs Showroom Manager
An amazing and rewarding opportunity awaits an enthusiastic candidate to join a highly-respected and prestigious furniture showroom. C.A.I Designs, Inc. represents a full range of luxury lines offering some of the finest designer’s furniture, lighting and accessories in the industry.
We are seeking a high energy, industry experienced manager/sales person for our new location in the Scottsdale Design District (showroom opening March of 2016) to promote our luxury home furnishings. The ideal candidate will be energetic, assertive and polished with a proven track record of building customer relationships and cultivating sales.
Primary Sales Responsibilities:
• Develop sale channels through a high level of commitment, energy, initiative and imagination.
• Cultivate new clients and business by staying abreast with industry news, trends and projects, attending events and being alert to new market opportunities.
• Promote new collections utilizing a full range of marketing materials, targeted efforts, and hosting showroom events.
• Guide clients through the entire project cycle including; shopping, scheming, order placement and follow-up.
• Extensive product and brand knowledge inclusive of new collections and discontinued products.
• Work effectively in both a team environment as well as independently.
• Adhere to professional standards, company policies and procedures.
• Assertive, proactive, innovative and willing to go remarkable lengths to deliver quality to our customers.
Primary Management Responsibilities:
• Work with sales staff daily to provide training and support.
• Create an atmosphere in our showrooms where customer service is a priority and where they are provided with the best service in the industry. Point-of-contact for customer issues including (but not limited to) quality, service, product delays, overall satisfaction, special requests and warranties.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the showroom.
• Maintain showroom records and documentation, including sales data; petty cash accounts; employee performance, and consumer issue documentation.
• Assumes leadership and development role through effective total showroom communication, awareness of morale, staff development, and implementation of selling priorities.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of sales management experience required
• Proven track record of leadership and professional achievement
• Well organized with the ability to be flexible based on the needs of the business
• College degree preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, legalities in the workplace, showroom operations
• Strong analytical skills, excellent communicator and creative problem solver
C.A.I. Designs, Inc. offers a competitive salary plus commission structure, bonuses and benefits. If you meet the requirements above please send your resume to Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it Attn: Beth at 847-394-8073. No phone calls please. EOE
Posted January 5, 2016
Full-Time Sales/Design Assistant
Craftsman Court Ceramics seeks full-time Sales/Design Assistant to join our team in Old Town Scottsdale. We are a proud Company and cherish our reputation of being design savvy, having great knowledge of our product, and having solid and dependable customers service. (non-smoking office)
* Experience in tile sales and/or design is a plus.
* Self motivated, go-getter, that can work alone or with a team.
* Enthusiastic, out-going, friendly, cheerful, and has a positive attitude.
* Able to prioritize tasks from multiple sources and keep up.
* Exceptional organizational skills and excited to work in a team environment.
* Excellent phone presence, professional dress, and demeanor.
* Basic computer skills at a minimum.
The ideal candidate will be an educated, polished, computer savvy, self-motivated, organized, confident, and detail-oriented professional.
Job duties include:
* Assisting our Design Consultants with managing accounts with existing clients and developing new ones.
* Visiting clients at their place of business on a regular basis.
* Working closely with designers, architects, and builders to fulfill their tile needs.
* Greeting customers on the showroom floor and assisting with projects.
* Helping to presenting the various lines of tile our company represents.
* Working up price quotes for clients in an expedient manner.
The ideal candidate will excel beyond the above description while adhering to the company’s core values of doing right, having fun, growing as a person and employee, being innovative, and refusing mediocrity.
This is a fulltime position, there is great opportunity for growth, and upward mobility within our company. Our Office is open from 9am — 5pm, Monday through Friday. Please e-mail resume to David Free at email@example.com with cover defining why you think that you would be ideal for this job. We will follow up if you are selected for an interview. Thank you.
Posted December 21, 2015
Interior Design Assistant
We are a high end, residential interior design firm, located in North Scottsdale, We are seeking a high energy person, looking for a ground floor opportunity in a Luxury firm, with a Bachelor Degree and at least one year experience.
Assisting Owner/Designer with entire design process
Site measures, CAD drawings (floor and reflected ceiling plans and elevations)
Keep library up to date, research fixtures, furniture and fabrics
Create spec books for architects and builders
Social media posts
Form relationships with Reps in the industry
Assist office manager as needed
Run business and personal errands for owner
Strong CAD, sketch up, as well as word and excel
Strong organizational skills and time management
Creative and resourceful with excellent follow thru
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 1 year
Education: Bachelor Degree
Posted November 10, 2015
Design Showroom Ambassador: Work with Interior Designers at Pacific Resource Group
Pacific Resource Group is the trade showroom for Pacific Mfg. Co. and Robert Allen fabrics. Our showroom caters to interior designers who need assistance in making fabric selections and designing made to order furniture.
Description: Full time position
Hours: M-F 9a-5p
Location: 68th Street and Thomas, Scottsdale
Pay: Determined by ability and experience
Benefits: Full time benefits
Requirements: Love of design (design education desired)
Attitude of a servant
Great communication and people skills
CAD or willing to learn
Bonus points: Sales ability
Social media management
Posted November 9, 2015
Create lifetime furniture experiences as a Commercial Designer in Phoenix or Tucson, AZ
Our client has earned the honor of being named one of 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in the United States, a Great Rated 2014 company, and a ten-time Best Places to Work, to name a few. The combination of happy team members, numerous awards, word of mouth, energetic culture, and focus on employee wellness is how they do it.
While creating lifetime furniture experiences for our customers, our designers are responsible for many things, here is just a sampling of responsibilities:
• Defining the scope of a project by assessing customer needs and programming design applications
• Developing comprehensive design contracts that establish the project scope
• Translating drawings from one software program to another
• Verifying and measuring both new & existing sites
• Completing inventory of all product and assimilating information unassisted
• Inputting and maintaining accurate master furniture and building architecture plans in CAD or Z-Axis
• Developing conceptual designs and block planning for a project
• Space planning, typical development, and furniture layout
• Application of ADA and other codes
• Product research and vendor communication during the design phase
• Calculation of quoting of installation man-hours and communication of project knowledge for installation
• Including Design line in CAP with actual hours costed to the project
• Coordinating and managing multiple projects during the design phase
The ideal candidates will have:
• Strong customer service attitude and manner; communicate easily and clearly; polite and highly responsive action to customer requests
• Professional and personal relationships created with internal and external customers
• High proficiency of product, process, design, and industry concepts
• Active connections with the community through professional affiliations, community, charitable and/or civic organizations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or equivalent 4 year degree
• Portfolio which exhibits training in space planning, AutoCAD, color and material coordination, and basic design theory
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with senior management, customers, employees, and vendors
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop Programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as proficiency in CAD 2011, CAP 2020, Z-Axis and Core software
• Professionalism, accountability, problem solving skills, space planning experience, networking skills and self-awareness
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to:
ASID Arizona North Chapter – Committee Chairperson
We are looking for a motivated individual who can proactively upload ASID Arizona North Chapter activities and news to the ASID Arizona North Chapter website. This is a volunteer position and the qualified candidate would report to the Communications Director.
Interested candidates please contact the Communications Director, Jasmine Dowling, Allied ASID Communications@azn.asid.org