Design for Hope
ASID is pleased to once again partner with Stardust Building Supplies for the 2nd Annual Design for Hope! The kitchen design will benefit VALLEYLIFE, a non-profit organization working with adults with developmental disabilities.
Kitchen Design Competition
This year the format is just a little bit different. Designers will be creating a kitchen design concept for the same space and the panel of judges will be your peers, ASID Designers. There will only be one kitchen, and the first place winner will be the only one kitchen installed. The winning designer will work with Sundt Construction to install the kitchen. To participate:
* You must be an active ASID or NARI member.
* Meet with VALLEYLIFE representatives on either March 13, 2014 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. or March 20, 2014 from 10:00-12:00 noon to review the existing kitchen and discuss the needs and desires for the remodel. Location of home will be provided prior to site visit.
* All entrants must demonstrate creative reuse as a major part of their design.
* The winning kitchen will be installed with materials for the kitchen taken from Stardust’s warehouse inventory.
* All entrants must attend the Design for Hope event on April 24, 2014 and to display their design with visual presentation that may include renderings, material boards, floor plans and concept pieces.
There is space for up to 16 design competitors! The winner will be announced at the Design for Hope event on April 24, 2014. See the Click here for the entry application and more information.
Re-Purposed Design for Silent Auction
Create and donate a useful item from a Stardust item. Only 25 items will be made available for the silent auction that will be held during the event on April 24, 2014. Your re-created item must be an upcycled and/or re-purposed art or crafts piece, or a home decor item.
Submissions must be received by April 10, 2014 (for inclusion in online Silent Auction catalog submit before March 25).
For application and more information, Click here.